AVIF seeks to involve volunteers to:
- Ensure our services meet the needs of our target groups
- Provide new skills and perspectives
- Increase our contact with the local communities we serve to achieve sustainable development and enable them to live more dignified and fulfilling lives, further participating in their countries development.
The Volunteering Policy is underpinned by the following principles:
- AVIF will ensure that volunteers are properly integrated into the organisational structure and that mechanisms are in place for them to contribute to AVIF’s work.
- AVIF promises to invest in volunteers in their role as Ambassadors.
- AVIF recognises that volunteers require satisfying work and personal development and will seek to help volunteers meet these needs, as well as providing the training for them to do their work effectively.
All enrolled volunteers will be given a copy of the Volunteer Handbook.